VDV512-007 Wire Tracer, Coax Cable Pocket Continuity Tester with Remote, Audible Beep and LED
VDV512-007 Wire Tracer is a pocket-sized continuity tester that can quickly trace coaxial cable. Identify and test for continuity and short faults via audible beep and LED indicators. The remote beeps loudly to confirm continuity. LED lights green for continuity and red for shorts. F-adapter enables testing of loose cables and installed cable runs. The tester switches off when the remote is docked to save battery life. Battery included.
The Coax Cable Continuity Tester is an easy-to-use tool for testing coax cable. With VDV512-007 you can check DC shorts, splitters and self-grounding devices in coax cable. An audible tone sounds when the line-carrying signal is detected.
An Audible Tone alerts when cables match, simply plug the VDV512-007 sender into a wall jack in a room. Back at the location where all the cables come together, connect one cable at a time to the VDV512-007 speaker until a tone is heard, and you’ve found your cable.
the VDV512-007 is designed to identify cables in a Cable bundle and detect troublesome short circuits, this pocket continuity tester and toner is perfect for testing cables up to 5,000 ft (1,524 m) on the go. This tester features the following:
- (1) F-adapter
- (1) Pocket Clip
- (1) AAA Alkaline Battery
- VDV512-007 Pocket Continuity Tester provides simple compact wire tracing of coaxial cables up to 1000 feet (0.3 km)
- Identifies and tests cable drops for pass, short faults and location via audible beep and LED indicators
- LED lights green on a correctly made cable drop, red for short fault
- Remote contains loud audible beep for easy location identification
- Female to female F-adapter (included) enables testing of loose cables and installed cable runs
- Cushion-Grip handle for comfort and secure grip
- Docked remote switches tester off to conserve battery life
- Pocket clip secures tester to shirt pocket
- AAA alkaline battery included